High-quality pool deck coatings can change any bare concrete surface into a comfortable, beautiful outdoor living area for everyone to enjoy. Concrete without coatings can be slippery, difficult to clean and maintain, and unattractive. Luckily, coatings offer a perfect flooring solution for your property’s concrete surfaces against California’s rain, humidity, and UV exposure.
Think of these coatings as a kind of final layer for your concrete, comprising epoxy or polyaspartic resin chemically bonded to existing pool decks. It creates a smooth, seamless finish that not only looks good but also offers many practical benefits.
At Epoxy Time, we know the ins and outs of coatings and other great flooring solutions. Let’s take a look at why coating your pool deck surface is an excellent choice.
Great Reasons to Invest in Coatings for Your Pool Deck in California
Why coat your pool deck? In California, there are many benefits your property can enjoy from more robust surfaces around the pool or other areas.
Strengthen Your Concrete Surface
Can you spot cracks, chips, and other damage on your pool deck? Foot traffic, moisture, and constant exposure to outdoor elements take their toll, so coating a pool deck has a tremendous effect on its strength and durability. You’ll be able to enjoy your outdoor living space for years to come, free from worry about costly repairs or replacements.
Create a Safer Outdoor Space
How often has someone slipped and fallen on a pool deck to receive serious injuries? Concrete is notoriously slippery when wet. Adding a non-skid coating makes the area much safer for you, your family, and any guests you entertain.
Concrete also forms tiny cracks and divots, so coated pool decks eliminate the tripping hazard by creating a smoother, more uniform surface beside the swimming pool.
Make Maintenance Easier
The porous nature of concrete means that dirt, debris, and other contaminants penetrate it easily. This makes cleaning your pool deck a chore, requiring you to scrub deep into the material to remove residue and organic growth. Coatings solve the problem, creating a barrier between the surface and these elements.
If you want to keep your outdoor living space cleaner for longer between cleanings, coat them.
Beautify Your Pool Area
Pool deck coatings add great visual appeal to your outdoor living space with an array of color and texture options. Customize the look of your pool deck to bring out its best features. Why not create a glossy finish that looks fantastic night and day?
California’s sunshine brings plenty to enjoy, but it can also heat up your pool deck to uncomfortable or dangerous levels. Not only can it burn bare feet, but the need to run, tip-toe, or jump over hot spots can lead to nasty trips and falls. Coatings reflect UV rays to dramatically reduce concrete’s heat absorption and make your deck cooler, so everyone can enjoy themselves around the pool.
Coatings provide a very cost-effective flooring option. Uncoated pool decks require frequent repairs and replacements due to wear and tear and exposure damage. By coating your pool deck, you’ll enjoy long-term protection that reduces the need for costly maintenance.
The right coating also handles existing damage. For example, if your concrete contains any cracks, chips, or divots, coating professionals will address these issues before the coating application.
Enjoy the Process
Experts strongly discourage coating a pool deck yourself or entrusting the work to an inexperienced service provider. A proper coating installation requires specialized tools and expertise for smooth, beautiful, and lasting results.
For instance, the Epoxy Time team follows a rigorous process that includes the following:
- Surface preparation. We begin by thoroughly cleaning the pool deck and preparing it for coating. This step includes patching, filling, and sealing cracks or divots so that the coating will adhere properly.
- Base coat application. Depending on your needs and budget, we apply an epoxy or polyurea primer to the surface. This layer creates a stronger bond between the material and the concrete.
- Topcoat application. When the base coat cures after an hour or two, we add the top layer of polyaspartic resin for UV resistance. Unlike older coating materials, it dries in a fraction of the time and helps the deck resist peeling, chipping, and yellowing.
- Inspection. We only consider a job complete after thoroughly examining the pool deck to ensure it looks perfect. Our experts will also take you on a tour of your new outdoor living space and answer any questions.
Call Us for Quality Pool Deck Coatings in Orange County!
At Epoxy Time, we have helped homeowners with their floor coating for over two decades. We take our time to provide meticulous workmanship with the highest-grade materials. With us, you can enjoy the following:
- Comprehensive warranties. We provide 20-year warranties for pure polyaspartic coatings, with 10-year warranties on our epoxy/polyaspartic blends.
- Reliable customer service. We help you create the outdoor living space of your dreams by taking the time to understand your needs and answer your questions.
- Tailored solutions. Whether you want a cool pool deck coating or a uniquely-designed textured surface that will also reduce slip-and-fall risks, we can provide a solution that meets your needs and budget.